We practice labor and employment law exclusively for public and private employers. Our attorneys are licensed in Washington, Oregon, Montana and Michigan, U.S. District Courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit. Davis Grimm Payne & Marra has over 100 years of combined experience and has earned a national reputation in labor and employment law. Our attorneys have handled countless state and federal court cases, administrative agency hearings and union negotiations.
Our firm provides a full range of legal services and strategic assistance including:
- Representing employers in all state and federal courts including: discrimination, unlawful discharge, sexual harassment, wage and hour, FMLA, and class actions
- Representing employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Public Employment Relations Commission (PERC), Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC), Washington State Human Rights Commission (WSHRC), Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) and other administrative agencies
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Responding to union organizational drives and union avoidance
- Representing employers in grievance arbitrations
- Drafting and enforcing employment, confidentiality and non-competition agreements
- Drafting and revising employee handbooks and workplace policies
- Employment practices audits
- Avoiding legal risks in the workplace, risk-loss prevention and consulting on employment issues
- Workplace dispute investigations
- Training managers and supervisors on a full range of risk-avoidance issues including; preventing unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment); union avoidance; employee discipline; complying with state and federal disability laws; drafting defensible employee policies, etc.
We represent national and international clients as well as small to medium sized businesses. Our clients’ needs and goals come first. We take pride in counseling them about what is best for the long-term interests of their business. We provide day-to-day advice to prevent future problems and help avoid litigation pitfalls. We pride ourselves on providing aggressive, ethical representation to our clients.
Whether you are an employer, association of employers, executive, human resource professional, in-house counsel, or business owner you will benefit from Davis Grimm Payne & Marra’s specialized experience and exceptional client service.