Our firm has specialized in representing employers in labor and employment law since 1984. Our clients include national and international companies as well as those in Washington, California, Alaska, Montana, Idaho and Oregon.
We are a team of experienced and dedicated management attorneys. Our approach to labor and employment law is results-oriented and hands-on. We aggressively defend our clients facing litigation but we are more than just litigators. We are committed professionals who believe the business needs of our clients are a priority. Our client–focused approach to practicing law is the foundation of our success. Our clients know we are part of their team and readily available to provide practical, common sense advice as well as strategic legal guidance. We know the importance of using preventative business practices to minimize the costs and risks associated with litigation.
Our firm provides a full range of legal services and assistance with business practices including:
- Representing employers in all state and federal courts;
- Training managers and supervisors on a full range of risk-avoidance issues including wage-hour compliance; preventing unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment); employee discipline; complying with State and Federal disability laws; drafting defensible employee policies, etc.
- Wage-hour law compliance;
- Litigating wrongful discharge and discrimination lawsuits;
- Drafting and revising employee handbooks and workplace policies;
- Representing employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB);
- Representation of public employers before the Public Employment Relations Commission (PERC);
- Defending unfair labor practices before the NLRB or PERC;
- Representing employers in all matters before the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC), Washington State Human Rights Commission (WSHRC) and state and local civil rights agencies;
- Responding to union organizational drives;
- Representing employers in their negotiations with labor unions; representing employers in labor grievance actions and arbitrations;
- Defending against claims of discrimination before state, federal and local governmental agencies;
- Defending class action lawsuits;
- Drafting and enforcing employment, confidentiality and noncompetition agreements;
- Employment practices audits;
- Union avoidance;
- Representing employers in arbitration;
- Risk-loss prevention and consulting on employment issues.
- Workplace dispute investigations;
- Mediation and dispute resolution services for employment litigation and other claims.
Our firm represents employers regardless of size. Our clients’ needs and goals come first. We take pride in counseling them about what is best for the long-term interests of their business. We provide day-to-day advice and pride ourselves on providing our clients aggressive, ethical representation.
Whether you are an employer, business association, executive, human resource professional, in-house counsel, or business owner you will benefit from Davis Grimm Payne and Marra’s specialized experience and exceptional client service.